Submit your site in a website directory for free! This business is listed under Democracy Directory My Zimbio
Top Stories Defend Your Position

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

  I voted today.  Of all human endeavors politics is one of the most interesting and crucial pursuits. I hope not only my vote, but those of my countrymen were based upon the best interest of all. It has been my practice to pray for those who attain political office no matter whether I voted for them or not. Politics and policy are not easy subjects. So I do not demand a perfection of knowledge that I myself do not possess. However I believe honest and intelligent people with empathy for their fellowman can elect officials who given the right circumstances and information, are capable of doing the right thing no matter what party or political label they are branded with. That is one of the reasons that I pray earnestly for those who are elected. The other reason being, it is commanded in scriptures that the followers of Christ pray for those that are given the authority to govern us.
   My prayers are not blind obedience to any policy that an elected official suggests.  My prayer is that our leaders will not make foolish decisions and if they do they will be wise and honest enough to right the wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment